COA is a small company that strives to educate shooters at all levels along with creating an experience that entices one’s comfort handling a firearm. Firearm safety is of upmost importance to us at COA and we anxiously want to share that knowledge and education to our clientele. It’s our goal to make the ownership of a firearm affordable along with creating a family experience in the sport of shooting while maintaining a high level of personal protection.
Located in Bay County Florida, Code of Arms was founded in 2015 by firearm and safety enthusiast Sledge Fyfe III. Sledge is an NRA-certified shooting instructor and Federal Firearm License (FFL) certified firearms dealer who recognizes the importance of self-defense, both in and outside of the home.
In business as in life, what you value at your core determines the course of action. At Code of Arms, our Core Values are the fuel that keeps us firing on target, every day:
- SAFETY: Firearm safety and the security of our staff, customers and all law-abiding citizens is our first priority, each and every day.
- EDUCATION: We approach firearm education with a teacher’s heart to ensure it is a comfortable, intriguing experience, available to anyone who wants to learn or expand his or her understanding of firearm safety and usage.
- EMPOWERMENT: Everything we do is built on the foundational belief that law-abiding citizens are the first line of defense against personal and public threats. As such, we should be empowered with knowledge, training and skill to defend ourselves, our families and the public, as the need arises.
When it comes to firearms and safety, there’s no such thing as too much. The following universal rules apply in every situation, and responsible firearms owners should know these rules like they know their own names.
- ALL FIREARMS ARE ALWAYS LOADED.
- NEVER POINT A FIREARM AT ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY.
- KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET.
- ALWAYS BE CERTAIN OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT.